Tuesday, March 6, 2007

A Plan Wander, the Creation

Hello readers! All.. er.. well, we'll get around to finding a few of you in a little while. Maybe I'll get lucky and you won't cost too much either.

I created this blog to handle the non theory of whiffing related day to day of wandering, starting off with a current foray to the Far East (Hong Kong at the time of this writing, though I'm planning on heading North pretty soon). Maybe some day I'll get around to integrating it with the regular Plan Wander site, but really, one step at a time.

I'm taking a bit of a break from the road for a moment here in Hong Kong to get ready for the trip into China and beyond; I realized during my short hop over into Shenzhen last week that I wasn't really ready to try maintaining a job requiring a computer and not travel with one, and my bulky laptop was just not the kind of thing that I wanted to be lugging around from hostel to hostel (nor trying to fit into my bag much less be able to pick the thing up). Picked up a few ebooks and one or two movies for good measure (PDA's and Cell phones make for wonderful reading devices after the lights go out without all the weight of lugging the books around), and a couple sets of extra guitar strings.. The last time I tried asking for a string in China, I was told in fairly broken English that I would receive a fine if I tried playing in the station. And that was about the clearest understanding I got on the topic of finding a music store...

No comments: